Turkish Tattoos

I googled 'Turkish tattoos' and wound up at a website that said it included examples of Turkish tattoos. I'm not sure if the ladies in the picture are Turkish or have Turkish tattoos. But what the hell, the picture is stunning and doesn't need further questioning from me.


credit Earth Henna

My quick peek at some Turkish newspaper websites taught me that tattoos in Turkey have not been popular until very recently. There have been problems licensing tattoo artists, since a law from the 1920s prohibits tattooing by anyone but licensed physicians. Young people nowadays get their tattoos done by underground artists recommended by word of mouth. Wouldn't you like to be there when one of these ladies recommended this tattoo artist to the other lady by word of mouth?

Don't be shy about clicking on the words Earth Henna.



Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

You Could Get Lucky